Repetition, when you want to do something well, is a good idea. Learn the right way to do it and then repeat, repeat, repeat, until you continually improve. Blogging is no different, nor is the need to repeatedly go back to a list or an outline of what your blogging about, why you’re blogging about it, and the basics of what any blog should include. While there are many, many lists out there and , even here you will see different variations on blogging tips, it is always good to keep the same basic principals drilled into your head.
So here you go! These 5 can help you make sure you get the most out of your blog activity; a short list of some blog framework that you can hang your quality content on:
- Be informative – you’re trying to create an impression that you are knowledgeable about your business. Your reputation matters so be sure to stay current and check your facts. Initial blog posts can include items like a history of your business and how you got started. Future blog posts can highlight new products and services, special events, employees, or tips for customers.
- Use keywords wisely – one of your goals is to increase your visibility, so it is wise to use words that people will use when searching for your types of business on the web. Each blog post should have a title as a headline that will attract attention and be relevant to the post.
- Quantity matters – in order to attract the attention of search engines, you will need to develop content with substance. A simple headline or single sentence is not going to grab someone’s attention or help get your post found on Google or Yahoo!
- Frequency matters too – if your blog content is updated and you add new information frequently, you can keep customers interested and search engines will index your pages at regular intervals.
- Grammar and spelling count – It only takes a few extra moments to check your posts before putting them on the web. Keep your posts looking professional and make sure there are no spelling errors or grammatical mistakes. You can create your content in Microsoft Word, check for spelling and grammar errors and then paste it into your blog.
Need help setting up the tech side of your blog? Just want to have some help putting it together? We’re just a call or click away…. and it won’t cost an arm & a leg.