Recognizing that most readers already know what they want and they won’t stop to take the time to read something that doesn’t motivate them to action is a valuable asset.
We recommend using the following tips:
- Begin small. Begin with a small amount of information on a topic and then use a “read more” button. This encourages the reader to move around the site. Imagine looking at the newspaper. The opening text draws you in and then sends you to page C12 to finish the article.
- Offer something free. If you have a free sample, this is the time to offer it. It gives people a feel for what you can do. Remember, free can be anything from information to free tangible items. If you are a service oriented business this is especially critical.
- Give a deadline. Remember to include a respond-by date. A date indicates urgency. This will aid in motivating the reader toward action. For example, Sign-up before April 1st to…
- Include your guarantee. If you are selling something or providing information, it can’t be mentioned enough. Don’t you think “quality workmanship” when there’s a credible guarantee?
Take some time to think about who you are. Show yourself as warm, inviting and welcoming to your visitors. Encourage them to call, email or participate in an upcoming event. No matter what the method, use your content to compel the reader to want more.
Give Your Audience Multiple Ways to Respond
A call to action can have many faces and every website should have multiple methods for response. Take a look at your existing website. Does each page include a call to action? What is the purpose of each page? What do you need to tell the reader to do?
Let the reader know how to contact you. It is a simple step and yet so easy to forget. Offer multiple ways:
- Contact Us form for email communication
- Phone number to call for more information
- Your address and directions to be able to find you
- Online forms for ordering products or making appointments
It is always a good idea to also include your normal business hours and expected turnaround times, if applicable.
If we can help you implement or upgrade your own web presence opportunities, please contact us or give us a call at 831.205.0077.